Thursday, April 13, 2017

Dresser Refinished with Fusion Mineral Paint

I love trying new paint products. There are so many different brands and they just seem to get better and better as time goes on. When I started painting furniture 6-7 years ago, you had sand and prime furniture. Although I still have to do that with some pieces, paint has come a long ways in the last 7 years. I decided to go with Fusion Mineral Paint for this bedroom set. I've been following their Instagram page and a few other furniture experts that use the paint and was loving what I was seeing!!

You don't need to sand or prime and it's self sealing so, you don't need to wax or seal it. That being said, on this set I'm refinishing it has several knots in the wood. I've learned my lesson with knots and went ahead and primed this dresser to play it safe with bleeding in the future. I did clean the whole dresser first with TSP and gave it a light sand by hand to rough up the surface a little. 



dresser makeover

This color is Champlain and it is the perfect creamy white.

The packaging just makes you want to paint the day away!!! "Paint is good for the soul" does it get any better than that? Ummm, NO!
This paint was NOT a disappointment! So smooth and easy to use. 




dresser makeover

I went with light distressing on the edges. 

dresser makeover

dresser makeover

dresser makeover

dresser makeover



dresser makeover

What the before looked like. I still have the headboard and foot board to finish plus a night stand.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...